Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mantra

The first time I heard the word Mantra I an image of a small Buddhist priest sitting with his legs crossed on the floor with the smoke of incense filling the room whilst he mumbled and muttered some inaudible words.  I pretty much dismissed the thought of "using" a Mantra based on this mental image I had. 
About half way through my stay in Malta (the country I spent most of my 20's in) in 2004 I came across the use of Mantras once more and learned that they were wide-spread and used a great deal. People who were not Buddhist monks or new age followers but by sales people, motivation teachers, Astronauts and sports people as well as successful business men and women swore by the use of Mantras.

This lead me to really look into it further, still lacking the understanding of how to use them I had the impression that I would need to find one specific Mantra just for me, once again after a bit of research I found this to be incorrect too.  

One can use many Mantras for each areas of life I found. I started by trying to find existing Mantras and there were many I even made a note of a few and thought I would try them out.
   I must diverge just for a second to explain something about human beings and the way we learn. We learn, to put it in its simplest form through repetition and Mantras use this very powerful technique to achieve great results

The key here is to think about what you want to be doing and find a phrase that describes what you want to achieve and state it in the present tense. Some examples: I make 50 calls a day to grow my business or I run 20km a week and love it. 
 
Brian Tracy said "Your experience of life is based on one simple truth - You become what you think about, most of the time"  

No comments:

Post a Comment